This is an interview in Spanish that I did after my presentation to ACIEMTelecom 2017 on 5G in Latin America.
Here are the conclusions from my presentation.
5G technology advances rapidly
- But there is a lack of work in the business plans for a massive deployment.
- The first use will be for wireless fixed broadband.
- The agility of configuring new services in the new 5G architecture can be much more important than just the new radio.
Latin America should contine to focus on massifying LTE
- CA allows speeds close to those of 5G.
- 5G hotspots can appear in prestigious business areas.
- Industrial projects using 5G in private networks show their potential for early implementation.
No Comments »